Sunday 30 January 2011

// The Naked And The Famous

dreampop, electro \\


They come from Auckland, New Zealand. So. There's Alisa Xayalith. She met up with Thom Powers and Aaron Short at college. They dropped out of college. Then Aaron brought some of his old bandmates from high school, David Beadle and Jesse Wood. And The Naked And The Famous were born. Just like that.
So, Auckland looks like a great place. I'm useless at geography so I googled it up. And it's all beachy and stuff so that explains their music. It's beachy and sunny and sandy and watery. They're like MGMT and Passion Pit had a baby, as a Youtube comment correctly states. So how couldn't I like it? Alisa got inspired by Skins. I suppose that explains a bit too. I haven't really read any of their lyrics but anyway. -Is that what you say? Read lyrics? Doesn't sound right-
Anyway, I'm rambling again. Listen to them. Especially if you liked the first MGMT album.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment