Saturday 22 January 2011

// Local Natives

indie rock, folk \\


They have often been compared to Fleet Foxes and Vampire Weekend, but no. They're not.
-Ok. That was the best introduction ever. Hands down.-
The "Local Natives" met in Orange County in California. Well at least three of them. Kelcey Ayer, Taylor Rice and Ryan Hahn. The other two, Andy Hamm and Matt Frazier joined them two years later. 
Their debut album came out in 2009 by the name of Gorilla Manor, which was what their house was called in Orange County.
(I'm trying not to use Wikipedia too much, but this was on every site I went on, so here goes..)
Their sound has been described as "afropop-influenced guitars with hyperactive drumming and hooky three-part harmonies"
Well, I find it really warming too. I mean their music. I'll just shut up.

  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment